Size of application

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 27 10:16:25 CST 2005

On 12/27/05 7:44 AM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

Hi Claudius,

> My Application build with RB 5.5 and V1.1 is 11.4MB
>
> then I made a lot of code-opimizations that application is much
> smaller 8.1MB
>
> now I use V4RB21.b15 and RB2006r1b4
>
> Application now takes 8.9MB BUT this is PEF without V4RB2-Files
>
> After Using App Bundler I have now RB 2006r1b4 and V4RB2.1b15 26.7MB
>
> Do other users have same growing sizes?
>
> This is really hugh growing for no new functionality in my
> application!!! Is there any idea or possibility to make this smaller
> again? Are really all B4RB2 Files needed in an App Bundle?

If you not use VServer you can remove Vclient dll,
But it is only 600K.

Also you can try remove VDK_PPC, if you do not use Convert_1_2().
It is 1.1 Mb.

IBM say it is possible reduce ICU.dat file from 8MB to 3.5.
I did not try self. 10MB are used by ICU now.

P.S. I think today will be b16.
    prev week I have spent optimizing some things.
    few tests have start work faster in 1.5-3 times.
    especially VarChar field.