Object-Persistence in database -- 2 worlds, AI

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 16 02:12:14 CST 2005

On 12/15/05 9:25 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

>> Class tblCar : public VTable
>
> You do not have the source code of Car. At the moment Car is defined
> as this:
>
> @implementation Car : Vehicle
>
> And Vehicle is inheriting from the root class:
>
> @interface Vehicle : NSObject
>
> So if you don't have multiple inheritance, I don't see, how you want
> to make Car inherit from VTable.
> Of course, you can read out the values (serialize it) and save that
> wherever you want. But I never put that into question of course.

I see your point.

Btw, tell me please, IF that is third party framework "Cars", then I think
you already cannot mark its classes to be persistent. So you also have not
so perfect and clean as dream is. Right?

>>> Or I have a garage, that contains cars, bicycles and trucks. How do
>>> you define the relationships in the tables? (It's possible, I know,
>>> but annoying.)
>>
>> Right, this is why Valentina introduce links,
>
> The two worlds are converging together.

Right, and I think that main stream go from RELATIONAL world into OR
direction.

>> You talk like an academy teacher. Aren't you?  :-)
>
> I'm writing a doctoral dissertation. But not at all in the DBMS
> field. My fields are OOSE, AI and Finance.

AI...

Valentina was born, because I did not find in 1993 any good db
for this tasks. :-)

How to explain ... My feeling was and is, that all above Obj-C classes of
course are good and solve tasks for some OO APP.

But, I do not believe, that in future (100 years, 1000 years) the AI
software, will be developed with help of C++ or Java Or Obj-C classes.
Nobody will write class "sun" and class "earth".

You see?

But still exists problem of mirror of real world into databank.
This is why I believe that *IT IS TASK FOR DB ENGINE*.

I believe that DB ENGINE must be as smart as possible,
It must support DATA MODEL as powerful as possible.

Let is my feeling.

For example, when Valentina have got links, we have to see that we can
resolve some tasks more simple (for human) and more fast (for computer).
This is possible only because now db engine KNOW something special about
data it keeps, and RDBMS although keep the same data, DO NOT understand
them.

Lets the point.