Object-Persistence in database -- reason: low mutation.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 16 01:42:38 CST 2005

On 12/15/05 9:25 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

>> MILLIONS of programmers DO NOT use this attempts to make such layers.
>> MILLONS do use RDBMS...Very few try play with OO DBMS.
>>
>> So I do not see in real life prove of your words, that it is so cool.
>
> Perhaps you have noticed the following (at least my professor has
> (Prof. Dittrich)): The closer you come to the data, the less mutation
> you have. There are companies, that still have data from the fifties.
> Now, they need DBMSs, which handle that data. On that we have client
> programs, that work with that data. You can't easily change the DB or
> the DBMS. The farer away from the data you are, the easier it gets.
> The client programs are almost "regularly" rewritten.
> So, even if you know, that an OODBMS would better suit your needs,
> you still can't use it, because you need to have access to legacy
> data. That's one reason.  The other will followŠ

Okay, here many truth, but.

But I see that a lots of NEW software is developed with RDBMS
(even not ORBMS)...so not only this is a reason.

Well, this can be of course inertness of developers...
They have many years learn relational model...

And this is why we have choose for Valentina soft,
evolution way like C++ did in the past to eat C.

Everything that work in RDBMS work in Valentina 2.x,
Plus it have new features, which you can use when learn them.