BinaryLink that keep ORDER

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 13 17:41:36 CST 2005

On 12/13/05 4:56 PM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:

> Sure, but I just want to make sure that if I have a MANY:MANY link and I
> never delete records, and:
>
>     I link  LeftRid #1 to { 3, 9, 5, 8, 7 } IN THAT ORDER
>     and I link { 1, 9, 6, 3, 2 } to rightRid #7 IN THAT ORDER
>
> That when I do a FindLinked( 1, left, right ) I will get an arrayset with:
>     { 3, 9, 5, 8, 7 } IN THAT ORDER

No, you will get

      { 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 }

> And when I do a FindLinked( 7, right, left ) I will get an arrayset with:
>     { 1, 9, 6, 3, 2 }  IN THAT ORDER

No, you will get

      { 1, 2, 3, 6, 9 }

> And everything I read in your reply suggested, "Yes, this is the case"

No.

BinaryLink is like an index. So it keep list of recIDs sorted by values,
To do binary search.

Ed, remember few days ago, I have start talk about

    BinaryLink that keep ORDER.

They will do what you want.

HOW they will do this, I do not know yet, because I see at least 3 ways to
implement, each have own props/cons.