Default sort order

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Sat Dec 10 19:26:38 CST 2005

On 12/9/05 11:22 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 12/9/05 6:07 PM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:
>
>> Can I assume that if I request:
>>
>>     anArraySet = aTable.fSomeVField.FindValueAsArraySet( aValue )
>>
>> That the records returned in anArraySet will be sorted by aTable.RecId ?
>
> right

And presumably if I call anArraySet.isSortedByRecID it will return true,
even though I have not called SortByRecID() ?   We'll find out :-)  I've
just coded this up and put in a debug failure check if it turns out not to
be the case.

But moving on to more esoteric questions...

=======

Ok, then how about this:   If I have a M:M binary link (I think I've finally
found a use for one) and I execute:

    FindLinked( inRecId, inTableA, inTableB )

Then is there a guaranteed order for the members of the resulting VArraySet?

Do occur in  inTabeA.recId order?   Or in  inTableB.recID order?

If the relationship is recursive:

    FindLinked( inRecId, inTableA, inTableA, inRecursionDirection )

what will the order be in this case?  Is it dependent up on the value of
inRecursionDirection?