What to expect from Valentina Cocoa?

Philip Mötteli philip.moetteli at econophone.ch
Fri Dec 9 08:55:24 CST 2005

Am 08.12.2005 um 14:18 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

>>> You mean you have no made binding yet?
>>> Some problems here?
>>
>> Nope, I have never used it, so was just unsure what it was supposed
>> to do, if I read the docs all should be well and I'll find an
>> equivalent.  Objective C uses NSArrays.  I'm just unsure what Array
>> (s1,s2,s3) means!  But I'll look it up!
>
> It means short form of creation of array of string.
>
> REALbasic:
>
>     // full form
>         dim arr as Strings(10)
>         arr(0) = new String( "123" )
>
>         db.SqlSelect( query, arr )
>

>     // short form:
>
>         db.SqlSelect( query, Array("123") )
>

> Director:
>
>         db.SqlSelect( query, ["123"] )
>
> Obj-C
>
>         ?

db.SqlSelect(query, [NSArray arrayWithObjects:s1, s2, s3, nil]);

So what I have understood so far, is that persistent objects have to
inherit from a common superclass (VObject)? Do I also have to send
SQL myself or is that automatically taken care of? Do I have to
define a model, that defines realtionships and attributes of the
persistent classes?

Re
Phil