Valentina for Cocoa, SQL Query with bind

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 8 15:53:29 CST 2005

On 12/8/05 3:42 PM, "jaydeeonline at mac.com" <jaydeeonline at mac.com> wrote:

> From: "Justin Drury" <justin at crunch-recording.com>
> To: <valentina-beta at lists.macserve.net>
> Subject: Missing Cocoa Functions
>
> Ahhh easy then...something like...
>
> NSString *query=@"select from.....ya di ya di";
>
> NSArray *myArrayOfStrings=[NSArray
> arrayWithObjects:@"string1",@"string2",nil];

> VCursor *result=[dbObject sqlSelect:query withArray:myArrayOfStrings];

Right.

> We'll just need to ensure that each object in myArrayOfStrings is [kindOfClass
> [NSString class]](and  subclasses), because NSArray's can hold any core
> types(NSNumber, NSDictionary, etc).

Right, and if something else then e.g. Return error: wrong param.

> We could have an array of NSString's but NSArray is nicer memory management
> wise(in the above  example NSArray is autoreleased), once an object(NSString)
> is added to an NSArray it can be  released, the NSArray has added a retain
> count.  Releasing(or autoreleasing) the NSArray releases the  NSStrings.

> In the case of objects not being NSString's should we skip over them or raise
> an exception?  And is it always a string, could it be an array of integers?

IF obj-C allow keep in array integers and strings and other types,
Then this is great.

So far only Director did allow us this.

Valentina C++ engine also allow in Bind-array have I_Values of different
types.

So again, if Obj-C allow this, we can do this.
Just you will have some switch probably to convert each array item into
corresponded I_Value