What to expect from Valentina Cocoa?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 8 10:17:45 CST 2005

On 12/8/05 6:03 AM, "Justin Drury" <jaydeeonline at mac.com> wrote:

> So outstanding on my end..

Let's discuss this on beta list, and close step by step all issues.

> SqlExecute/Query with Binding

You mean you have no made binding yet?
Some problems here?

The FIRST STEP we do for each language is to find the most comfortable way
to code biding in that language. I think ObjC has Arrays -- the most right
thing for this.

In REALbasic we have:

    curs =  db.SqlSelect( query, Array( s1, s2, s3) )

What the best analog syntax in ObjC can be?

> Variants

Do you mean VField.Value as Variant ?

So this is not implemented yet
How you set/get values of fields then now ?

> VServer

Okay, this can be one of last issues

> Date/Time/Text/Picture VFields(other Blob stuff)

There is no other BLOB stuff in engine. TEXT and Pictures.

Well, Date, Time, DateTime -- EASY.

TEXT -- also is easy. Very similar to String and VarChar

BLOB

Picture -- Important is to know way to get PicHadle from ObjC.

> Integrate more of the docs into the headers...
>
> // For vdevelopers
> (Some of this may have been addressed already)
> Valentina module...
> {
> escapeString (link error - undefined symbol)
> encodings
> databaseVersion
> databaseMode
> schemaVersion
> isStructureEncrypted
> }

Hmm, I am sure I have resolve all tasks you did ask.