V4MD aggregation in subquery

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Sun Dec 4 12:32:46 CST 2005

Hello info,

Sunday, December 4, 2005, 12:16:53 PM, you wrote:

ivc> Thanks Ruslan,
ivc> I've tried it and at the end I can use this working query:

ivc> SELECT Course_Name, COUNT(Reg_Code) \
ivc> FROM Courses JOIN Registration ON Course_ID = Reg_Course_Ref \
ivc> WHERE Reg_Code = 1 \
ivc> GROUP BY Course_Name

ivc> But if I want add a ner field into first line selected:
ivc> eg
ivc> SELECT Course_ID, Course_Name, COUNT(Reg_Code) \ ....

ivc> the cursor become VOID

ivc> some suggestion?

Actually there is some exception thrown.
You  can  not use any field in the select list which is not mentioned
in GROUP BY clause.

 Ivan                            mailto:IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua