C++ ADK, Cocoa

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 8 08:54:37 CDT 2005

On 8/8/05 12:56 AM, "Justin Drury" <justin at crunch-recording.com> wrote:

Hi Justin,

>> Or you mean that you want develop Obj-c wrapper?
>> In last case it will be great if we combine efforts on this.
>> In any case we want get into Obj-C world.
>
> Yes, a wrapper.  Would be happy to submit whatever I come up with... I used
> V4RB quite extensively, but have since moved to Cocoa and haven't looked back.
> I really miss Valentina though!

Well, then I can subscribe you to our internal vdeveloper list to discuss
with Serge, Jochen, Totte, me the structure of Obj-C wrapper.

I think you should not write own wrapper, just we will do this for you :-)
And if you will have time you can help us.

This process will be started in nearest week.
Serge start to read few Cocoa books ....

> The in memory database is very interesting to me.  Especially seeing what type
> of memory footprint is required.  Apple's NSArray and NSDictionary are very
> memory intensive.

RAM db/tables use pages in 4 Kb. Next page is allocated when this one is
full. The same as on disk.

So if you have e.g. Table with one SHORT field, you can insert into this
page 16,000 records.

>>> BTW - your various sources idea is very interesting.  I assume the exposed
>>> sources could be purchased as an upgrade once the need for them arrises?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> First option is not very cheap. $200-300
        ops,I have mean *IS* very cheap