V4RB, what people think about switch to Macho ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 8 08:22:03 CDT 2005

On 8/8/05 6:59 AM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

>> Hi V4RB developers,
>>
>> I think about porting of everything to xCode ASAP from CW.
>>
>> But this will mean for V4RB -- support of only MACHO targets.
>> No Carbon/PEF as now.
>>
>> What you think about this, guys ?
>>
>> Does exists developers which will get pain from this ?
>
> this would be okay.
> Doesthis inculde functionality that V4RB2-stuff is would be in the
> Application-package and not outside?

Yes, because we have this right now for Macho.

For Carbon also possible do that I believe. In few hours.
So this is not main diff between them.

Main difference I think is:

1) you cannot distribute app to MacOS 9

2) Jon have own shared library for his app...
    so Jon will need compile it as Macho also probably.