VServer Class Way Success and Problems

Igor Gomon giv at tlc.kherson.ua
Sat Aug 6 22:22:55 CDT 2005

> Silly question.  Why can't I update a client side cursor?  I do this
> in VB and SQL Server/Access all the time.
You mean you use ADO, ADO.NET?
Because this data access technologies (especially .NET)
designed to be used in connectionless mode. This means
you don't have to specify any cursor modes (server, client).
Your can always do the changes you want. They are collected
locally on the client and then are sent to the server in single
update operation.
Valentina instead is working in "immediate mode" and assumes
that connection is always available and all the commands from
the client to the server are sent immediately. So to prevent much
resources consuming we implemented different cursor modes for
different situations.

Igor Gomon
e-mail: giv at tlc.kherson.ua