Field_Picture Project

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 5 00:23:18 CDT 2005

On 8/4/05 10:40 PM, "Bob Keeney" <bkeeney at everestkc.net> wrote:

>> Okay, am I right that I have improve pictures not so far on YOUR
>> request ?
>>
>> And you still see problems? Okay, we will check...
>
> Appreciate the time and effort in tracking these things down.  Really.

> For the picture example it seems better real world example to load a
> graphic file rather than from REALbasic project file.

BUT THIS DO new example Field_Picture_Compressed

Have you try it ?

This new example show how to load JPG from file in 3 different ways

> Documentation  is sparse on exactly what EVPictType constants do and when to
> use  each type.

Ok agree.

> For example, I tried to save a tiff file (opened as  picture)
> using kUnknown and received a hard crash.

kUnknown this is just dummy constant.

    we return it for example, if we cannot determinate what type of picture
    was given to us.

Constants of EVPictType define:

    how to compress picture which you have provide us.

Okay, this info should be added to docs I think:

* Vpicture field expect from you a BITMAP file.
    this is PICT on mac and DIB on Windows.

* you can ask Valentina compress this bitmap (i.e. Non-compressed picture)
    into JPG or TIFF

    there is no any sense to ask store it as Unknown picture format.
    Frankly saying, we even did not think that somebody can try do this :-)
    We need add protection from this case to not crash.

* when you read from database a picture, Valentina uncompress it to bitmap
again.

*********
In the same time you can store existed JPG or TIFF into Vpicture field.
For this you need use
or
    -- VBLOB.WriteData() method
or
    -- VBLOB.LoadToFile()

*********
Valentina cannot at least now do next:

    you give it already existed TIFF and ask store it as JPG.
    this is task for Graphic Converter :-)