Picture Field Issues Revisited

Bob Keeney bkeeney at everestkc.net
Mon Aug 1 23:16:03 CDT 2005

Maybe someone can help me out here.  I'm having hard crashes of my
application when I try and add a picture to a database.

The example application works great until I modify it to take a
graphic file of my choosing.  I've tried saving a Pict, JPG and TIFF
with either no save (and no error) or a hard crash.

Do I have to tell Valentina what type of graphic it is before I
attempt to save (i.e. EVPictType)?  Given that I open the file as
picture shouldn't that be enough to convert it to pict?  I've even
tried using the MBS plugin to do a .cloneMBS to force it to be a
bitmap but to no evail.

Here's the EVPictType the documentation says for EVPictType:
EVPictType
  kUnknown   = 0
  kMacPict   = 1
  kWinDIB   = 10
  kJPG    = 20
  kTIFF    = 21

What exactly are we supposed to do with these?  I've tried kUnknown
with all three of my file types and I still get a hard crash.

This is really frustrating.  In V1 I saved pictures as a formatted
pic but that doesn't seem to be an option in V2.  Using RB2005, V4B
2.0fc6 with Tiger.

Thanks.  Been a long day and night.

Bob K.