Slow updaterecord loop

jda jda at his.com
Thu Apr 21 19:48:08 CDT 2005

>So your users can build own SQL-Statement!

Yes. It's a power-user feature.

>Do you have a chance to reproduce and build out of it an own
>SQL-Statement like:
>
>UPDATE table ......

I haven't tried that -- I always user cursors.

>I am not sure, but it could be that this will be faster? Ruslan,
>would this be a solution for speed?
>IMHO V4RB2 need a lot more speed to be faster or as fast as V4RB1
>...... This is my experience at the moment. When all my SQL-problems
>are fixed at the moment I can't make new application version because
>application is now by using SQL in V4RB2 between 2 and 3 times
>slower. I hope this will be a major point -> performance..

Searching is very fast (for me -- everything indexed) except for NOT
searches. I put this in Mantis, and Ivan (Igor? Serg? I forget who)
told me he saw a way to optimize that, but it was put off for other
things for the time being (like getting stability! Which is, I must
add, much improved).

Jon