Wrong database version number

jda jda at his.com
Fri Apr 8 15:29:31 CDT 2005

>On 4/8/05 10:21 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>>  Ruslan, I'm seeing that
>>
>>  valentina.getDatabaseVersion(f) returns
>>
>>  512
>>
>>  regardless of whether it was made with 2.0, 2.0.1, or 2.0.2.
>
>512 this is version of format of database files,
>But not of engine

These are database I modified with 2.0.2 -- so they don't get updated
to the version that modified them.

Then I have a problem. I need to know the schemaVersion of my db to
see if it needs updating. But to do that I need to open it first.
This causes a conflict with other methods that may aleady have opened
the database.

I need to get the schemaVersion without doing a db.open(f). If the
Database Version Number was updated with the version of the engine
that modified it last, that would be satisfactory...

Jon