V4RB 2.0 already usable?

Joerg Pressel joergp at three-2-one.com
Tue Sep 28 10:03:48 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm back in programming and I think of updating an app that used
Valentina 1.x for storing UTF8 text...

I did not try the 2.0 Betas, but it seems there are still a bunch of
problems?

So here is my dilemma – should I use the 2.0 pre-release to continue
developing my app? UTF8 support would eliminate some problems I've
experienced with Valentina 1.x namely sorting and searching for unicode
strings. My app uses relatively simple SQL-statements and database
rebuilding from version to version would be no problem on user side.

Anybody already developing with V4RB 2.0 beta?

@Ruslan:
1. Any time schedule for a „final“ release? (Yes, I know – difficult to
say ;-))
2. How does unicode sorting work in Valentina 2.0? It really should be
language specific, but I know this will be hard to achive...

Cheers,
--
Jörg

three-2-one interaktive Medien GmbH