DRAFT of specification if Indexing By words for strings.

Erik Mueller-Harder valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com
Wed Sep 22 15:32:27 CDT 2004

Hi, Ruslan --

On Sep 22, 2004, at 10:41, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Btw, guys, if somebody have need in some other functions,
> Please tell us.
>
> We already have made many new.
>
> We need ASAP make at list short list of them in 2.0
> So you can check it.

Have you been thinking about word boundaries?  In 1.x, we have no
control over what code points signify word boundaries, and I find that
IndexByWords often breaks strings into more "words" than I would wish.

Alternatively, I suppose, -- or by default -- I think there are Unicode
libraries that describe word breaks....

Still, it would be nice to be able to override these somehow for
IndexByWords.

Thanks,

-- Erik