DRAFT of specification if Indexing By words for strings.

Sims, John AYU8 at CDC.GOV
Wed Sep 22 09:36:39 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

> >> * So we should have something as:
> >>
> >>     class IndexStrPrefs
> >>
> >>     db.CreateIndexStrPrefs( name )      // error: name not unique
> >>

> >>     IndexStrPrefs.name
> >>     IndexStrPrefs.IgnoreLength
> >>     IndexStrPrefs.IgnoreWordsCount
> >>
> >>     IndexStrPrefs.AddWord( String )
> >>     IndexStrPrefs.DeleteWord( String )
> >>     IndexStrPrefs.DeleteAllWords
> >>

> >>     Vstring.UseIndexPrefs( prefsName )

If I am understanding your concept correctly, I think we should also
have

	Vstring.UseIndexPrefs( inPrefsName() AS String )

So that we can pass multiple IndexStrPrefs.

For example, if I create 3 IndexStrPrefs:

IndexStrPrefs.Name = "One" :: Words to ignore = "a;an;the"
IndexStrPrefs.Name = "Two" :: Words to ignore = "von;van;van der"
IndexStrPrefs.Name = "Three" :: Words to ignore = "and;or;but"

It would be nice to be able to say:

	myVstring1.UseIndexPrefs("One") => Ignores "a;an;the"
	myVstring2.UseIndexPrefs("Two") => Ignores "von;van;van der"

	dim strPrefs(2) as string
	strPrefs(0) = "One"
	strPrefs(1) = "Two"
	strPrefs(2) = "Three"

	myVstring3.UseIndexPrefs( strPrefs ) => Ignores
"a;an;the;von;van;van der;and;or;but"

I hope I made sense.

As always, thank you for letting us contribute our ideas and keep up the
great work!

-John