Case and sorting/searching

jda jda at his.com
Wed Sep 15 19:41:26 CDT 2004

>  >    authorsMethod = CreateTextField("authorsMethod", 128, "English",
>  > Valentina.fIndexByWords, "Upper(authors)")
>>

>Btw interesting!
>
>How many first characters you want to sort?
>
>E.g. If only 20, then you can and should extract only them.
>This will be more effective.

Well, I want to sort by all, if necessary, without an arbitrary
limit. Since it's a method and not stored on disk, all I have to
worry about is speed. And it is *sssooooooooooooooooooooo* fast the
way it is...

>>  Can I get rid of these methods (or at least one of them) in 2.x? If
>>  so, how should I create the authors field?
>
>AuthorsMethod yes.
>
>Wait. I need check this self yet
>
>Simply you will tell to authors field that it must have
>Case insensitive index.

You mean like this:

   authors = CreateTextField("authors", 128, "English",
Valentina.fIndexByWords + Valentina.fIndexCaseInsensetive)?

Jon

P.S. Misspelling in Valentina: should be fIndexCaseInsensitive