Case and sorting/searching

jda jda at his.com
Wed Sep 15 19:23:20 CDT 2004

Ruslan,

In my 1.x app I use methods to allow lowercase searches and sorts.

The basic field is declared like this:

     authors = CreateTextField("authors", 128, "English")

For searches I need indexed by word, so use this method:

     authorsMethod = CreateTextField("authorsMethod", 128, "English",
Valentina.fIndexByWords, "Upper(authors)")

And for sorts I need to sort by first characters, so use

      authorsSortMethod = CreateTextField("authorsSortMethod", 128,
"English", Valentina.fIndexed, "Upper(authors)")

Can I get rid of these methods (or at least one of them) in 2.x? If
so, how should I create the authors field?

Jon