V4RB, Jon, project

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 15 00:17:29 CDT 2004

On 9/14/04 11:54 PM, "Erik Mueller-Harder"
<valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com> wrote:

> Hi, Ruslan --
>
> On Sep 10, 2004, at 08:38, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>> Ok, I have fix that logical mistake with locales inheritance,
>> Now your app start with prefs = UTF8 encoding.
>
> Any word when you'll post an alpha that includes this fix?  I'm
> crashing when adding records to a UTF8-encoded db.  Defining the db
> (upon creation, of course) as UTF16 works fine.  Heavy use of VarChar
> fields, if that's relevant.
>
> Just curious....

I have fix today 5 bugs in kernel, to make jda project work.

Now hunt for next, looks to be the last which prevent me from start of his
app as must

I hope tomorrow we get it.

NEWS: so we can think about them.

We have realize that Valentina Developers should AVOID utf-8 !!!

IF you want single byte then use your native language encoding.
E.g. Latin-1

If you want unicode, then use UTF16.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com