[V4MD] can't get it to work

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Fri Sep 10 16:01:55 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

>> "C:\Program Files\Paradigma Software\VComponents_Win_VC"
>> "C:\Programme\Paradigma Software\VComponents_Win_VC"
>>
>> and none of them work. I rebooted many many times now
>> and I'm sick of rebooting the system. It still doesn't work.
>>
>> Has anyone with a similar config got it to work?
>
> Aha, you have German OS.
>
> Jochen have told that in this case you should put it of cours not into
> folder with English Name "Program Files" (it even not exists right?)
> But into German analog.
Yes - correct.
Martin - you must put the folder into "C:\Programme\Paradigma Software"!

> Valentina self must locate system folder "Program files" or its analog.
Yes!

> ------
> Jochen, any clue for German users ?
No - i have no idea.

> Igor, I hope you DO NOT have directly in the code string
>     C:\Program Files\Paradigma Software\VComponents_Win_VC ?
No Ruslan - Igor has done it the rigt way as far as i have seen. He
uses a system
function to determine the right location.

> Jochen, have you made any fixes to make it work on your German OS ?
No - nothing.
But note that in vStudio i know self set the path to the location of
vStudio.
So - maybe something has changed in Igors code recently...

Jochen Peters
PIIT GmbH