[ANN] V4MD_WIN 2.0 b15 // installer

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 10 15:28:38 CDT 2004

On 9/10/04 3:25 PM, "Martin Kloss" <martin.kloss at gmx.de> wrote:

> At 14:21 10.09.2004, you wrote:
>> Actually Vcomponents folder in compressed mode is
>>
>>     2.4 + 1.8 = 4.2 MB
>>
>> So we fit to your limits :-)
>
> nice try ;-) I meant the whole package and the Director projector
> itself will be 3-5 MB with the included Xtras. So the 4.2MB will be on top.
>
>> So all not so bad I think :-)
>
> Ok, I will have to see what the final size will be, I'll have to
> live with it anyway, so I guess there's no point in arguing :-)

:-)

I think we will be able go down to 2MB at least.

Also note, in future, on MacOS X we have plans to use ICU that is built into
OS. This means that in this case Valentina 2.0 on MacOS will have Zero
overhead from ICU usage! This is very promising, but we cannot make it in 5
minutes. We will need switch from C++ API of ICU to the C API.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com