[ANN] V4MD_WIN b15 // binding

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 10 13:58:52 CDT 2004

On 9/10/04 12:25 PM, "Igor Gomon" <giv at tlc.kherson.ua> wrote:

>> 3). SQL_way | Binding example doesn't appear to update the bound bitmap
>> cast member's picture when iterating records (the example could be
>> improved by adding this cast member to the stage so that - when this
>> command works - the user will see it change).
> Actually - it should be on the stage - then this is my error.

Igor,

I want to clarify.

We have 2 kinds of binding

1) SQL binding, this is when we bind SQL parameters

   "... where fld = :1", [45]

2) V4MD-specific binding of Vcursor fields to cast members.

DO NOT mix this 2 things in the single exmaple !!!
This will confuse people.

It sounds to me that you MIX them.

Actually you can have one more folder in Examples !!!!!!!!!!
This is idea!

Please make

    Examples/V4MD_Specific

And here we will keep examples with features that are unique to V4MD product
and which are absent in V4RB. So Example with V4MD binding must go here.

On my side I can add such folder in V4RB Examples.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com