[ANN] V4MD_WIN 2.0 beta 15 uploaded

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 9 19:07:03 CDT 2004

Hi All,

We are happy introduce this b15 of V4MD 2.0

Please Please Please!
Go and check this build.

You will see totally new product!!!!!! :-))
Igor have made cool and great work in V4MD last 2 months.
If you are active V4MD developer but still not are on beta list then please
subscribe and start participate in beta program.

* as we have told pictures now work in any way:
    .picture, .image
    24, 16 bit depth and 32.

But the main surprise is:

    V4MD now have not 2 Xtra as in 1.x version,
    but it have now Xtras

        Valentina
        Vdatabase
        Vcursor
        VTable
        Vfield
        VLink
        VSet

* Yes, Igor have found way how to implement in the Director Xtra the true OO
style of the work! This is so cool, guys! We can now write

        tblPerson = db.Table( "Person" )

    here tbl -- become the instance of Xtra "VTable".
    so we can do the next step now, e.g.

        tblPerson.CreateField()
        fldName = tblPerson.Field( "Name" )

* So now V4MD by functionality is totally the same as V4RB, VJava, VCOM !!!

* Speed and effectiveness of implementation is excellent!
I have show Igor mechanism which I use in V4RB, so his original tests now 20
times faster.

* Igor have found how to implement in the Director the properties of
objects. So we can now write in V4md

       s = tblPerson.Name
       tblPerson.Name = "new name"

    instad of 1.x syntax

       s = tblPerson.GetName()
       tblPerson.SetName( "new name" )

The guys who know REALasic, Visual BASIC and other OO languages easy can see
that V4MD syntax now 100% the same. :-)

** Igor have made many examples which are as close as possible to my
examples in V4RB. So please study that examples to see new features.

** We will start develop V4MDReference ASAP to reflect this changes.

Enjoy, guys!

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com