Language and encoding.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 22 09:30:20 CDT 2004

On 10/22/04 6:35 AM, "Thierry Nauze" <ohmitou at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I understood well, at present (V4RB 1.10) sorting by language ("
> French ", for example) is made only if the base is "coded" in
> macRomanl.
>
> At present, it don't work) with the encoding " UTF8 ". (???)
> On the other hand, in the version 2 of V4RB it could work. (???)

Hi Thierry,

So you need to make French database, yes?

1) for now do not set UTF8 for database.

2) do simple next:

    db.Locale = "fr_FR"

    db.Create();        // now you have UTF16 db for French locale

You can do not specify anything for fields.
They will inherit locale from database.

3)  work as usually with REALbasic strings.
    on default they was in UTF8.
    this is ok, when Valentina et them it self convert them to UTF16.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com