V4RB, syntax for sorting of sets.

Erik Mueller-Harder valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com
Wed Oct 6 07:38:15 CDT 2004

On Oct 5, 2004, at 17:11, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>     dim order as array  ?
>
>     order(1) = new VSortPair( f1, kAsc )
>     order(2) = new VSortPair( f3, kDesc )
>     order(3) = new VSortPair( f2, kAsc )
>
>     SortedSet = t.Sort( set, order )
>

> Do you like such syntax?

It's a little verbose, but it's certainly clear and orderly.  I assume
the first array element would be the primary sort.  I'd be fine with it
-- but then I used to write in COBOL.  ;-)

> It seems we have no other way for RB...

Would this be impractical:

	SortedSet = t.Sort(set, f1, kAsc, f3, kDesc, f2, kAsc)

or even:

	Set.Sort(f1, kAsc, f3, kDesc, f2, kAsc)

-- Erik