V4RB next beta. Anybody want it right now ?

jda jda at his.com
Sun Oct 3 18:36:54 CDT 2004

>It show new API functions.
>
>Tomorrow I will make yet interface I_FldString that will present in Vstring,
>Vtext, and VarChar fields. Because now it is not comfortable to call this
>methods: we must explicitly cast to Vstring or Vtext.
>

>SQL way to access index by words not works yet.
>I think tomorrow it will be ready.

Great!

The examples work well -- and they work for Unicode characters! The
searches are case sensitive, though. I changed the table declaration

   fld_varchar = tblPerson.CreateVarCharField( "fld_varchar", 2000, "", _
       Valentina.fIndexed + Valentina.fIndexByWords +
Valentina.fIndexCaseInsensetive)

The search was still case sensitive.

Should I be doing something different, or is this not yet implemented.

Great work, Ruslan.

Jon