Adding/merging cursors

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 19 18:36:33 CST 2004

Hi All,

Sorry for delay on this issue.
This is my answers.

1) there is no yet API to add cursors.

2) I will add in near days 3 new functions

    Union( t1 as Vtable, t2 as Vtable ) as Vtable.
    Intersection()
    Except()

    If REALBasic could work normally with interfaces then we'd have ideal
    solution: Cursor can be transformed into Vtable or I_Table
    and then you can use above 3 funcs.
    For now this can not work because of bugs in RB.

3) Do not forget that now you can do UNION directly in SQL,
    so this eliminate need of adding of cursors.

-------------------
4) Vset is very very simple conception.

    You have table. 1000 records.
    you make some search.
    you get some set of found records, e.g. 100 records.
    this set you can think as ARRAY OF RecIDs.

    so all rest work is as simple as
    you get some RecID, and use Vtable class directly
    to go to that record and use it.

    SQL Cursor, in background also use Sets.

    SQL Cursors can do JOINS. But Sets work only
    with single table.

5) we make docs guys. Just Valentina now become so huge.
    V4RB Ref now is more of 110 pages,
    and will be I think more of 150.

Also we have prepare about 50 new pictures for ValentinaKernel.pdf.
I think we can just ship for you now just pictures with no comments.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com