OID / ObjectsPtr

Erik Mueller-Harder valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com
Wed Nov 17 11:01:02 CST 2004

Hi, Ruslan --

I'm curious as to how development is going on the table-independent OID
concept.  Does this look like something we might be able to try out in
the next couple of weeks, or will it take longer?

I ask, because I'm suddenly in a position where I think it could be
extremely useful:  I have a kind of index table with records that
should point to records on any of a dozen or so other tables.  Being
able to store each target's OID rather than a tableID/recID combination
might be very nice....

Thanks!

-- Erik