V4RB2 IndexByWords example

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Tue Nov 16 23:38:28 CST 2004

Hello Ruslan,

when I run the IndexByWords example this is what I find:

fld_text begins with 'he'
finds the 'Hellow world' record but it shouldn't since it starts with
uppercase 'H'... aha! I see, this is because CollationAttribute of DB
is set to 0

fld_text contains 'he'
crashes the app

fld_text ends with 'he'
crashes the app

fld_text exact match 'hellow'
finds the 'Hellow world' record
it's cool, CollationAttribute will allow to get rid of those Uppercase
methods

fld_text like 'Hello'
finds no record,
fld_text like 'Hellow world'
finds the 'Hellow world' record,
is like now supposed to work as an exact match of the whole field
containts without regard for what the collation attribute is?
BTW it doesn't accept the no_case keyword anymore, this throws a Vale
Exception

fld_text regex 'ellow'
finds the 'Hellow world' record,
just as I expected, if I want it case insensitive I must use regex (?i)
syntax
is the no_case keyword definitely dropped?

Cool Runnings,
Erne.