Searching for an empty/non-empty field

jda jda at his.com
Thu Nov 11 10:20:02 CST 2004

>Try this:
>
>    select * from theTable where len(myField) = 0
>
>and the converse would be:
>
>    select * from theTable where len(myField) > 0
>
>Both cases would (should) skip Null values.

Hm, that generates an exception: Internal Error (626688). Sounds like
another bug report.

BTW, is anyone else out there beta testing V2? There are > 25 issues
on the beta bug tracker
(http://paradigma.ukrcom.kherson.ua/bt/login_page.php), and I think
all but one are from me! I encourage anyone who wants to see v2 be a
success to jump in. It's definitely usable now, although still buggy
(see above).

>p.s. Please don't reply to an unrelated post because Mail sees it as
>a thread! :^)

Oops. Done.

Jon