IndexStyle, class approach

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Nov 3 02:33:37 CST 2004

On 11/2/04 4:40 PM, "Erik Mueller-Harder"
<valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com> wrote:

> Hi, Ruslan --
>
> I've finally gotten a chance to look at IndexStyles.  Your example is
> great, and I'm very excited by it.
>
> However, I cannot get it to work at all when defining my database,
> tables, and fields as classes.  Wherever I first try to use
> CreateIndexStyle(), whether as part of the database constructor, the
> table constructor, the field constructor, or (kludgily) after
> everything has already been created, I get an Apple crash report
> informing me that my application failed with an EXC_BAD_ACCESS
> exception and a KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS code.
>
> I'll report this in your new bug-tracking system too, but I wondered if
> you had any comments?

Hi All,

Today also I have found that right now it split on words not good.
It not consider punctuation.

I will add this, this is easy.

** But this bring the issue which we have discuss before.
Ability for developer define own set of "punctuation chars"
    or "breakers"

So I think IndexStyle should be improved for this.

    indStle.SetBreakers( "./*-+?:;'"|\\<>%^#@!±§+" )

** also working with Jon project I have to see that into index comes such
words as

    "a" "the"

** Also comes numbers as 0455477 1214

-- I think may be Valentina should on default use style with length limit at
least 2 or 3 or may be even 4?  Or better put this on developer ?

-- May be we can to have also
        style.DisableNumbers = true     ?

    does this have sense?
    may be better to have some other more general way ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com