KERNEL, NEW

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat May 29 08:42:24 CDT 2004

On 5/29/04 2:15 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:

> This is great, I think --what do it mean?

Link -- new abstraction in Valentina data model.

Link is abstraction of THE SAME level as Table.

So this is 100% extension of Relational model.

You can think about link as it is in ER model / Entity - Relationship.

We already have had links: ObjectPtr and RDB-link,
    but V4RB developers did not have access to them.

Also in V4RB we make in classes Set, ArraySet and BitSet.

All this tools will allow use V4RB in NON-SQL way,
Similar to Navigation model, but again not exactly navigational.
It is Extended Navigational, I'd say.

I write docs theory about all this models

    Navigational
    Relational
    OO
    OR
    Valentina model

Valentina model combines all pluses of all models I believe.

So this tools, will allow V4RB developers work in Navigational style.
Using only

    Vdatabase, Vtable, Field, Sets, Links

I.e. Not using SQL and cursor.

Often this can be much faster of SQL way.
The problem os this way -- it not works with client/server.
At least now.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com