[ANN] V4RB 2.0b2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 19 00:15:33 CDT 2004

On 5/19/04 12:09 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:

>> There are other folks on this list with a better OOP background than
>> I, so I defer to them. But I like #3. There are times when a db.error
>> is expected and you don't want an exception thrown. For example, I
>> have a field for a unique ID. When I create a record, I assign a new
>> unique ID. I then check the db.error property to see if this caused a
>> "not unique" error. If so I loop through again, assigning a new unique
>> id, until I don't get the error any more. I think this would be more
>> cumbersome if the assignment of a non-unique ID threw an exception
>> (and took control away from my code loop).
>
> It wouldn't if you use a try block, as in
>

> While NOT IDCreated
>  try
>    CreateID
>    IDCreated = true
>  catch vExc as ValentinaException
>     If vExc.ErrorCode <> 341 then
>       Raise vExc //because it's an error other than uniqueness violated
>     Else
>        //
>      End if
>   end try
> Wend

:-)

They have grab so many things from C++.

I wonder why they simply did not make syntax close to c++ or Java.

    if()
    {
    }
    else
    {
    }

I believe that using of {} is much better for human eye reading
Then

    if() then

    else

    end if

Because {} is __graphical__ information for eye.

    then, end if --> is textual information.
    eye must READ it, instead just SEE it.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com