[ANN] V4RB 2.0b2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 18 22:55:34 CDT 2004

> Hi Rualan, don't be shy. We're ready for 2.0b3. :->

:-)

Today I have improve example 3.

And have spend half of day on strange glitch in CW linking.
Now I have guess why it was.

I want tomorrow implement Exceptions for V4RB.

---
Also we need discuss exceptions.

Old code from V4RB 1.x use other style.
It do

    command
    if( db.GetLastError() )
    end if

With exceptions code must change.

What you will say guys?
You ready redo sources for this feature?

Actually we have no other way.
We MUST switch to new feature of RB language.

I have one hope.
May be I will be able

A) throw exceptions

B) have flag: do not throw.
    developers that use EXISTED code, can set it OFF
    to not break code

C) even if throw exc, db.LastError still will return last erro code.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com