V4RB V.1 -> V.2 ? Security in valentina

olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Mon May 17 12:03:59 CDT 2004

Le 17 mai 04, à 11:16, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :

> For now hundreds developers live with this and no big problems.
> MySQL have live without transactions 20 years.

It is true, Ruslan...

But maybe that it will be replaced these next years by postgresSQL for
these reasons?

> You should do flush after each modification.
> After flush() any crash is not scary.
>
> You can consider flush as commit()

It is what I made. In every modification or addition in the base, I use
flush at once.
But that does not resolve the problem if the computer falls at the time
of the flush.
The data base risks strongly to be corrupted.

Without journaling, there is no means immediate and clean to get back
the data base without corruption.

olivier