V4RB V.1 -> V.2 ? Security in valentina

olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Mon May 17 11:15:28 CDT 2004

> Although V4RB 2.0 must introduce exceptions,

It is true that a exceptions handling would be good !
In realbasic, one can manage the exceptions and avoid the crash but in
realbasic / Valentina, if there is an exception in Valentina, it is the
crash. Not good.

Generally, by beginning to study sql, I realized that the commands of
security were missing in Valentina: commit/rollback and journaling.

That seems to be a problem.

My customers often have electric breakdowns. The
journaling-commit-rollback group seems to be very effective. How do you
make without these functions ? Only backups ?

These commands are really effective ?

> - unicode support - auto-conversion of strings.
great !

> Although V4RB 2.0 must introduce exceptions,
> This feature changes style of coding.

Now I know that a exceptions handling is included in Valentina 2, I am
very tried to begin again my project with Valentina 2!

The security is important in my project.
Please , think you that it is necessary all the same that I wait that
Valentina 2 is more stable?
According to you, how long it will set?

Thank you

olivier

Ps: also ' HAVING ' seems also important for the requests. It is not
the problem that there is this command in Valentina?