[V4RB] Valentina 2.0 installation

jda jda at his.com
Tue May 11 15:09:40 CDT 2004

I'm redirecting this to the betas list, where it belongs.

>Ruslan, you are making the some the same mistakes here that RS has
>made in the past. They choose an implementation without regard to
>how it impacts the customers since it serves their perspective.
>
>WE NEED this component architecture to be an option! Having files
>spread out all over the place is an invitation to a support
>nightmare. End user's screw with their systems is a plain fact of
>life. The more split up an application is, the more possible
>points of failure you have. If a customer sees the component
>folder one day and says, "What's this?" and decides to do some
>creative deleting or updating, suddenly my application doesn't
>work and I get a call. This cost me money!!!
>
>If you don't do something to solve this problem, I will be a very
>pissed off customer and I am sure there are a few others out there
>who will feel the same way. I can't express what a negative
>feeling in me this component architecture creates since you are
>making unilateral design decision for my product. Bad idea. Very
>bad idea!

Ruslan has already said you'll have an option, so relax. And frankly,
I don't think it's a bad idea at all. Speaking from a Mac-centric
point of view  at least. Lots of apps (including mine) have shared
libraries and resources. They reside in the same folder as the app. I
have *never* had anyone complain about this, and *never* had a tech
support problem with it in three years (and thousands of users). The
only issue I see is one of scattered files across the system if one
removes the app. But that's not a problem if they are all in the same
folder. The sky is not falling.

Jon