V4Rb 2.0 first problem. It works here

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 11 14:50:56 CDT 2004

On 5/11/04 4:14 AM, "Frank Schima" <frank-list2 at mindstarprods.com> wrote:

> On May 10, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Charles Yeomans wrote:
>
>> I've installed V4Rb 2.0 instead of working on my own behind-schedule
>> project.  The first example quits when ValentinaInit is called -- no
>> crash log, no console output.
>

> I see the same problem with both examples.
>
> I'm running Mac OS X 10.3.3. RB 5.5.2fc1. I followed the directions to
> install all the components.

Hi Frank,
Hi Charles,

I have double check all on my side and it works.
I have check also in clean environment on OS X 10.3.3 and 10.2.3
All works.

So let's search for mistake on your side.

1) you must use REALbasic 5.5.2b1 or better
    because V4RB  2.0 do use default parameters.
    and before 5.5.2b1 REALbasic have had bug.

    I see that Frank uses 5.5bfc1. This is good/
    what about you Charles?

2) Just to clarify. You need copy into Vcomponents folder
    not the folder Vengine, but files inside of Vengine.

    i.e. You should copy file Kernel_Carbon_Debug.shlb
    into Vcomponents folder.

3) when I have come to clean OS X 10.2.3 then in the folder
    "/Library" there was no folder "CFMSupport".
    I have made it manually.

Jochen, do you have realbasic 5.5.2fc1?
Can you test on your side also.

    http://paradigmasoft.com/download/v2_beta/v2_beta.html