Wow, new discovery!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 24 11:28:32 CST 2004

On 3/24/04 10:15 AM, "Andy Fuchs" <andy at foxwerk.de> wrote:

> Given that I never had any speed issues with sorting, I rather find it
> interesting to see you lurking for enhancements in every area!! Cool!!

Actually still many ways to improvement in sorting also.
I will not be able implement all for 2.0

For example, in some cases, it is possible do sorting even faster than quick
sort do.

The main my target now is spend time to see ALL possible cases which in
future I will need and prepare kernel design for this. So later it will be
easy extend by new algorithms.

According that you have not see any issues.
If you have million table, and you do SORT the first time
    (and we assume search already was made, so we have index)
Then Valentina spend few seconds to build that structure.
On second SORT query Valentina works faster.

Now for mentioned cases, we will not loose few seconds and disk space.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com