2.0

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Thu Mar 11 08:09:03 CST 2004

> No argument from me. You basically extended what I said (or meant) :)
> Getting into non-western markets ain't trivial for most developers.
> This should not stop Paradigma of course.

Exactly :-)

And something else to realize with this is that it takes away one potential
stumbling block if you are using Valentina and want to enter these markets
later.

It's a good idea to have an understanding of the flexibility of a third
party component vendor in international uses. Several years ago, I was
involved with a company that generated, on average, $25 million off of a
retail software product a year. A developer integrated a control (he decided
to skip the corporate approval process) that provided no source access, and
the control's vendor wouldn't fix globalization bugs. The end result was,
about a $1 million loss in sales -- and a loss of employment for the
engineer.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President