2.0

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Tue Mar 9 11:38:12 CST 2004

Lynn

> Great! I hope you will also beat the hell out of the beta to make sure
> its
> all working right. UTF-16 support is really going to be good for us in
> Japan. And its always on my mind, Ron. I lived in Japan for six years
> and
> have a Japanese spouse.

I have an application that reads CJK files as well as Greek and
English, so I'm just waiting to plug in version 2 and try it.

(I'm using Rev which is trying to complete the transition to UTF-16.)

I sympathize with Jon and others who worry about size and speed
implications of UTF-8vs16. I'm hoping that in reality it will not be
that great, since both issues, especially speed, are important in my
application as well.

Ron