2.0

jda jda at his.com
Mon Mar 8 21:03:28 CST 2004

>Great! I hope you will also beat the hell out of the beta to make sure its
>all working right. UTF-16 support is really going to be good for us in
>Japan. And its always on my mind, Ron. I lived in Japan for six years and
>have a Japanese spouse.

Yes, but will she buy 20,000 copies of my application?

It is a huge mistake to think that Unicode support is for classic
"two-byte" applications like Japanese.

The majority of my Unicode users are using Hebrew, Arabic, and plain
old accented "European" characters! That includes American/European
users. Japan is at most 10% of the market that needs Unicode. We need
unicode for "the rest of us!!!!!!!!

Jon