Re(2): Queries. Question to all

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 30 14:10:31 CDT 2004

On 6/30/04 1:49 PM, "Peter Knobloch" <peter.knobloch at absus.at> wrote:

Hi Peter,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
>> I am not sure about mySQL
> "LIKE" is case insensitive, "LIKE BINARY" case sensitve
>
>   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/String_comparison_functions.html#IDX1312

Ok, I see that staring with 4.0 mySQL do case-insensetive LIKE, REGEX,
STRCMP, ...

I think we will check other DBMS as SQL Server and Sybase.
Also we need check SQL92 stadnard.

> Furthermore, in mySQL "LIKE" uses an index if possible.
>
>   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/MySQL_indexes.html#IDX777>

This have no sense for Valentina actually.

Valentina is design in such way, that we do not need this in general case.

Although FIELD LIKE "start non wildacrd" really is equal to our left() =

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com