SetMethod // Binding to Edit fields

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 17 10:53:02 CDT 2004

On 6/17/04 12:35 AM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:

>> On 6/17/04 12:15 AM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  I think you missed this:

>> We have not clean up yet this area.
>>

> OK. I now also see that
>
>    myCursor = new VCursor(tempDataBase, "select * from references
> where RecId=0", kServer, kReadWrite) //make an empty cursor
>

> returns a non-nil cursor, but the sql statement is empty and trying
> to access any field gives me a nil error.

You mean cursor.SqlString ?

Yes, I also have see that it is empty yet.

> I guess I should just stop now and wait for future betas...

I also think so,

I think more important now get your response on overall new design:
    new classes
    new constant names
    new constant access (via module Valentina name)

Also we have ideas how to implement in Valentina binding of
    cursor/table fields to form.

For example:
    I think that if name EditFields in the some window
    exactly as field names of cursor,

    then we can make command

        cursor.BindTo( window )

And this one line will attach corresponded fields to controls,
And will self get/set their values.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com