V4RB 2.0b5 uploaded

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 16 17:11:07 CDT 2004

Hi All,

    http://paradigmasoft.com/download/v2_beta/v2_beta.html

1) download all 3 archives please.

2) also note new PDF file on page

3) look on new structure of examples

4) NEW: in the "API way" examples you can see new feature of Valentina

        ObjectPtr link
        foreign key link    NEW
        binary link         NEW !!!

5) Also added new class Vlink.

6) also added new class Vset.
    soon we will add its subclasses VBitSet and VArraySet

7) in the Valentina module added many new constants.

8) simple example on Methods (calculated fields)

*** !!! ***

    Please pay attention to binary logic.
    For now I do not show yet docs on it.
        try get its idea self!

In short:
    I believe that Binary Link -- is best of the best to link 2 tables.
    It is better of ForeignKey and even ObjectPtr!
    We will explain and proov in the docs why.

Note:
    Valentina do BIG step here. It extend Relational model
    by new abstraction - Link.

---------------
Next beta should show examples:

* how links work when we have 2 tables linked by a LINK,
    and we want FIND related records.

* new functions that can work on related tables (!!!)

    select parent.*, count_linked( parent, childs )
    FROM parent

  this is great feature!!! It already works in kernel.
  it allow us get RESULT table with aggregative information from
    related table, but without join or sub-selects!

* new syntax from SQL99

    SELECT Child.*, Child.prt->parent_field
    FROM Child

I.e. Access to a field of _One_ Table, from Many table.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com