Valentina 2 feature requests

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 9 16:04:23 CDT 2004

On 6/9/04 3:44 PM, "Peter De Berdt" <peter.de.berdt at pandora.be> wrote:

Hi Peter,

> Hi Ruslan
>
> I can't seem to post to the Valentina List anymore (spamcop blocks
> all my ISP's mails apparently), so I apologize for sending you these
> questions directly.

I cc to lists.
You are on Valentina beta list only ?

> I was wondering if it could be possible to bundle the
> standalone/client plug-in for REALbasic in one plug-in that could
> access both a remote Valentina DB and a local one from the same
> application.

Yes, we are going to implement this in 2.0.

Many developers EXPECTS this as easy thing, although it is very hard.
Again, it seems we see the technical way do this.

> Let me explain: I've written classes that allow my
> REALbasic apps to change language while running (instead of compiling
> a different application for each language). I use a local Valentina
> database to store the different languages. To avoid unnecessary
> overhead (the language file is static) on the network, I want to keep
> this language database on the user's computer.
> However, I use a different database to hold data from my CRM/ERP app
> and this should be multi-user accessible (hosted on Valentina Server).
> For the moment, I can't use Valentina for both, because you can only
> use one plug-in at the time (OR the client, OR the standalone
> version).

ok

> Could I add a feature request for an additional parameter in the
> ImportText function, being the ability to specify the encoding of the
> file that is being imported?

Already implemented :-)

> I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Valentina 2, have I read it
> correctly that it will be released this weekend, or am I wrong? (I
> desperately need UTF-8 native support in Valentina)

No this is wrong.
We are in early beta testing stage now.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com