Feature Request: New Varchar flag

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 5 08:39:27 CDT 2004

On 6/5/04 3:09 AM, "Frank Schima" <frank-list2 at mindstarprods.com> wrote:

Hi Frank,

> I'd like to make a feature request for Valentina 2. When creating a new
> field in the API, I would like to be able to create a Varchar field
> that is indexed but not indexed by words. Right now it requires 2 lines
> of code.
>
> In V4RB, here is an example:
>
>  vName = New VVarChar("Name", 504, "ASCII", kV_Nullable)
>  vName.IndexByWords = False
>
> So a new flag that indexes, but not by words, would be appreciated. I'm
> not sure of a good name for it: kV_NotIndexedByWords maybe?

If I not mistake, new code simply DO NOT do what is it not asked for.

I.e. Even for TEXT field, if you say just

    create TEXT field INDEXED

You will get index not by words, but only on first 255 bytes.

You need SELF say

    create TEXT field INDEXED and INDEX by words

To get it

We will check this.
Or you will check this also in betas.

Also in Valentina 2.0 Valentina can do NON-indexes search by field(s).

So if field is not indexed, then V2.0 will not build index for it
As did Valentina 1.x

But if you SORT on non-indexed field then Valentina still will index it
automatically. Just very not effective to do sort without index.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com